Texas Scramble Format
(If you don’t have a team, we can help you put a foursome together)
- Each team to consist of four players (unless threesome has been assigned by the FFCC Tournament Organizers).
- All players tee off on all holes. A minimum of 3 tee shots per player must be used (minimum of 4 tee shots for teams of three).
- Nominated Team Captain then selects the drive to be used and marks the position with a tee peg (not nearer the hole). The other players then retrieve their balls.
- All players then play within 12 inches of the tee peg, not nearer the hole, in any order. A ball may be placed in the fairway, but must be dropped from any other area, including hazards.
- The above method of play is followed until the green is reached.
- On the green, the same method of play applies, other than having the ball around 4 to 6 inches of the tee peg, not nearer the hole.
- Record one team score for each hole.
- The team’s score card must be signed by two members of the team.
Guildford Golf & Country Club Tournament Policies
PLAYER ON COURSE CONDUCT:
FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
- DRESS CODE…Golf course and clubhouse dress code etiquette must be observed at all times as follows: full length pants, plus fours, tailored pants and shorts (maximum distance 6” above the knee) golf shirts should have collars and should be worn tucked into the pants or shorts. No sweatpants, tennis shorts, cutoffs, gym shorts, tank tops, or shirts with offensive slogans or illustrations will be tolerated.
- Each player must play out of their own set of clubs (rental sets are available).
- All players will play in foursomes unless otherwise directed by the golf shop.
- Novice players must be mixed with experienced players.
- “Keep Pace” program in effect – all groups must maintain their position. Any group falling behind will be asked to move forward and pick up the pace. We strongly suggest a maximum of 3 strokes over par per hole.
- All players must observe instructions from the Pro Shop and the Course Marshall at all times.
- Liaison with the Tournament Sales Coordinator or Club Professional must be through the Tournament Organizer.
- The Tournament Organizer will be responsible to advise all players of the course conduct information provided herein.
- The Tournament Organizer will be responsible for the conduct of all players in the group. It is his/her responsibility to make all players aware of the tournament terms and conditions paying particular attention to our Food and Beverage regulations and dress code, and ensure that they are observed at all times. Any damage sustained to the clubhouse, course, power carts or any other equipment of the Guildford Golf and Country Club will be the express responsibility of the Tournament Organizer.
- All players are responsible for their own property. Guildford assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage to goods, property, or equipment brought into the facility by the players.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
- All food and beverage must be provided by Guildford Golf and Country Club. There will be no exceptions.
- Absolutely NO coolers or outside alcohol will be allowed on the course. All golf bags are subject to inspection. Any alcohol not purchased from Guildford will be confiscated. This will be strictly enforced. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave the premises.
- Liquor given as awards may not be consumed on the premises.
- It is the responsibility of the tournament organizer to inform all participants of our expectations regarding Food and Beverage regulations.